Sunday, April 19, 2009

No one ever told me...

No one ever told me that motherhood would be a lifetime of compromise….

After I got married, everyone expected me to have a baby right away. Although it wasn’t at the forefront of my priorities I gave in to the notion that having a baby is what I was supposed to do. After my daughter was born and I went back to work I began to have frustrations about motherhood so I turned to other friends and vented about what I was experiencing. What I found was that they all validated my frustrations and acted as though what I was experiencing was nothing new. My response was WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN! But it was through their confirmation of my struggles that I felt assured that I was okay, that my experiences were no different than any other mother. It’s through the sharing of my experiences that I felt supported and empowered to be a better wife and mother. So my blog will be the real truth about motherhood, Things Your Friends and Mother Never Told You! I abbreviated through the acronym: TYFaMNTY. TYFaMNTY can be your new four letter word, when something about motherhood frustrates, surprises or stresses you…think TYFaMNTY!!!! Or when your child says something so incredibly funny that you laugh until you cry, think TYFaMNTY.

I am very much an experiential learner so my blog will also contain advice I've gained from other mothers and information I’ve read in various magazines/books, including reviews on new products I’ve heard about and tried.

Sit back and enjoy TYFAMNTY.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited to follow TYFAMNTY.... I'm a mother of 2 and welcome the advice, opinions and stories of others. =o)

    ReplyDelete