Monday, April 27, 2009

BOOK REVIEW: MOMMYWOOD by Tori Spelling

Hello all! Today I just finished listening to the audio version of Tori Spelling’s new book “Mommywood”. It was a really cute book.
Reality shows are my guilty pleasures! I figure, I use my brain all day long and watching the craziness on reality shows allows me to just sit and veg out! So, one of my favorite reality shows was Tori and Dean Inn Love on Oxygen network. I had not read (or listened to) Tori’s first book. This book however, is a first hand account of Tori’ “Mommywood” (Hollywood Mommy) adventures. Sure, her adventures include nannies, red carpets and famous friends but at the core of this book is a story of a mom who struggles with balancing work, motherhood and being a wife. The first half of the book is basically a re-cap of the 2nd season of Tori & Dean Inn Love (laced with some behind the scenes info) but the second half picks up where the show left off, Tori coping with being a mother of two, while juggling the demands of being a Hollywood celebrity. I enjoyed listening to the audio book, narrated by Tori who I think is hilarious. She is very vulnerable in this book and describes her insecurities about motherhood and her need have a better relationship with her children than she had with her mother. One of my favorite stories in the book was at the very beginning, where she went for a 3D ultrasound and worried if her unborn sons’ nose was too big. She describes every moms concern about their baby when getting the ultrasound….”Okay now I know the baby is healthy….now tell me is it cute?” Love it!!!! Tori shares insight into her life and how she just wants to be a good mom and live a "normal life". At one point in the book she conceeds and admits that her life is all but "normal" and thats where she finds comfort in knowing her life is pretty awesome. This book is full of great stories, happy and sad moments and I felt as though I was right there with her all the way! I definitely recommend this book. Happy reading…uh, listening.

5 comments:

  1. where do you get your audio books again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a subscription with audible.com. You can sync your audiobook purchases through iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to get a subscription to that too... I saw a site advertised at the top of your screen and I really like it. So I bookmarked it. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Keke. I'm definitely going to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete